Sunday, 4 January 2015

Review: The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13576132-the-murder-complex?from_search=true

Rating: 5/5 stars


"Count to three. Relax your mind. Now Survive."

          
          I had been wanting to read this book for so long and I had such high hopes for it, I definitely wasn't let down! There are a lot of negative reviews and it did sort of keep me from buying the book for a while. SO many people have said that it was "too violent" for their liking or just bad. However I love violence in books (I'm not a bad person, I swear), I feel like it can make a book so much for powerful when it's written well. I LOVED Lindsay's writing style. It's very sharp and I feel like it adds to the grittiness of the book. 

          LETS TALK ABOUT THE CHARACTERS. I think I might be in love with Koi, something about him...hoping he has a pretty big part in "The Death Code". Meadow's father just creeps me out. That's all I  have to say about him. Her younger sister is adorable, but I have a feeling she may not survive the second book *cries*. I LOVE MEADOW SO MUCH. She kinda reminds me of Celaena Sardothien, who is my favorite fictional character EVER, in the way they both would fight for the people that they love and when they do they sort of let a monster take over. Meadow is kick-ass and AMAZING. Zephyr, on the other hand is so different from Meadow. He truly feels remorse whenever he kills, I really don't understand how he can be with Meadow when she kills so quickly and easily, HOWEVER Meadow is pretty amazing and caring when she wants to be. 

          The plot was awesome. Fast but well paced. I honestly don't have much to say about this book except for the fact that the characters are amazing and so is the plot! Super excited for the next book. APRIL PLEASE COME FASTER. I think I would actually fight for an ARC. "The Death Code" is for sure one of my most anticipated books of 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird